Search This Blog

01 February 2008

And then...

...there was a new post! Not the longest or most interesting post, I’m afraid, as I only have until 11:30 or whenever the supervising member of staff leaves. It’s not that they don’t trust us (well actually it is, but let’s pretend otherwise), it’s just that the temptation to wander from the legal path is always there (or so we are led to believe). Talking of supervision, I have to go now. But I’ll be back!

I'm back! Did you miss me? This email posting lark isn't as straightforward as I imagined. Or rather, Microsoft Outlook has a way of making it so. Let me run through the basic stages I have undergone thus far.

  1. Open Outlook.
  2. Create a new message.
  3. Experiment with available editing options.
  4. Discover that there is no mode for editing raw HTML.
  5. Lessons.
  6. Write my post in WordPad and pray that the resultant HTML file can be turned into a message.
  7. Curse all things Microsoft.

The next day...

I think I've finally worked this out. By creating an HTML file externally, opening it in Internet Explorer (which, let the record show, I am not very fond of either) and finally selecting the option that allows me to email the page to that magic address. So here it is!

And the moral of the story is... never trust a Windows program unless you're sure you can.

3 comments:

  1. i think your blogg is great bro
    love cheeky monkey

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. :-D Good blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, I aim to please. :-)

    ReplyDelete