Search This Blog

14 February 2008

My favourite: Games

I was going about my daily business recently when I was struck by a thought not dissimilar to the one a couple of posts ago. One-off spurts of fun and stuff are all very interesting, but maybe a little series of posts would be nice? I've decided on a 'My favourite' theme, starting with games...

Aside from all the other things I do, a good game is always a nice break between everything else. These are some I enjoy.

Fancy Pants

If you've ever had the desire to control a fast and agile stick-man in garish trousers around a series of spider-infested levels, then this is the game for you. There are two games to choose from, the original game and World 2, each with its own merits. The second one is more challenging, and you can choose a different trouser colour if you're dissatisfied with your current style. The first level has the advantage of being - in my opinion - a little easier, plus it has an angry penguin at the end, which is always a bonus. Whichever one you choose, they're both a real laugh.

Free Rice

If you're good with vocabulary, like a good game and want to help relieve world hunger, take a look at Free Rice. If you guess the meaning of a word correctly, the site donates 20 grains of rice for use by the UN. There don't seem to be very many different words at any one time, but the difficulty changes according to your ability and it's definitely worth it both for the inner satisfaction and the improvement of your conversation skills. Play it today, for the good of the world!

Nitrome

Somehow, I don't think this list would be complete if I didn't include Nitrome. It's not really a game - in fact 'it' is actually a 'they'. They're a game producer, but they deserve a place here anyway. They produce good games, and they produce lots of them. The ideas are strange but entertaining - squirrels bouncing chicks on a trampoline, cacti in sombreros riding a Mexican handcart, that sort of thing - and the graphics are wonderful. I defy you not to like this site!

No comments:

Post a Comment