Search This Blog

08 March 2008

Music matters

No more Mr. Nice-Guy*, time to air some opinions!
Recently, a thought trickled (that being about their maximum speed as far as
my brain is concerned) from the deepest recesses of my mind to what - in a
completely non anatomical way - could be called the forefront of my
consciousness. It could roughly be described as follows: I am interested in
music.
Pretty dull, you may think, and I would be very much inclined to agree with
you on that point. But up until now I hadn't really noticed it. I'd hear
something on the radio, and I'd think: 'Hmm, nice music' or 'Hmm, not so
nice, music'; and that was about it. But actually, I actively enjoy
listening. Or at least, sometimes I do. For instance, these are what might
put me off.

1. 'Choo' - or something of that ilk, replacing 'you'.
2. Random key changes, although usually these just make me groan a little.
3. Pathetic scansion in lyrics.
4. Not even singing.
5. lots more, sadly...

You know what I'm grasping at? You're doing better than most people I talk
to.

* If I ever was what you might call 'Mr. Nice-Guy', that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment