Search This Blog

31 December 2007

Part Eight: The spiritual side

 A little while later, Mr. Torrall – the R.S. teacher – made an announcement in the staff room.  “The police are letting this matter get out of hand, so I’ve hired someone decent to clear this whole shambles up.”  “They won’t stay for long,” warned the head sarcastically. “As soon as they see what’s happened to me, they’ll be off in a flash!”  “Unlike your idea, headmaster, this one can be carried out in the safety of the school building,” retorted Mr. Torrall acidly. “I’ve hired a medium to find out who and where this killer is.”  “A medium!” spluttered the headmaster; spraying the tea he was drinking all over the staff room. “Don’t tell me you believe in that airy-fairy spiritual stuff!”  “I’m an R.S. teacher,” Mr. Torrall replied simply, “it’s my job.” And at that he walked out, looking slightly put out.

No comments:

Post a Comment